s i d e · Kurinuki Ceramics Flowerpot Workshop
Lai Ching Ching | Lam Hau Yi | Ting Sze Lok
- Sat 06-03-2021 11:00 AM - 1 h 30 m
- Sat 06-03-2021 1:00 PM - 1 h 30 m
- Sat 13-03-2021 11:00 AM - 1 h 30 m
- Sat 13-03-2021 1:00 PM - 1 h 30 m
Anita Chan Lai-ling Gallery
$120 (Material and Firing Fee Included)
Us — the city, vegetation, it and I.
At times we coexist; at times we collide.
Often, we attempt to negotiate. Yet we are still stuck. We meander through the cracks of the city as we search idly for a space of our own to hide.
In side, three artists aim to express the ways they each view everyday living. These ways are expressed through an object, a position or the limitation of a particular viewpoint — such circumstances often signal the boundaries between different subjectivities.
The exhibition touches on the themes of Nature and the Self, The City and Objects, and Life and Other Banalities. The sense of alienation hidden in life is captured in images of a withered tree branch, a window, a mountain... The artists invite viewers to experience the different modes in which the city interacts with nature. By examining these often-overlooked details, we may gain insight into the unknown beyond our quotidian existence.
Artists: Lai Ching Ching, Lam Hau Yi, Ting Sze Lok
Finished Products: Ceramics Flowerpot (8cm x 8cm) and Plate
Duration: 90 minutes / session (Exhibition Guided Tour + Workshop)
Quota: 10 pax / session
- After the ceramics firing, you may request for a plant to decorate your pot. For further details, please contact our staff during the workshop
- Additional fee ($30) would be charged for each plant on the day of the event
Workshop Details: instagram.com/side.exhibition
Workshop Enquiries: email@example.com