Big Band Night - Happy-Go-Lives 2018
LiveMusic - Big Band Jazz
- Sat 31-03-2018 9:30 PM - 2 h
- Sat 30-06-2018 9:30 PM - 2 h
- Sat 29-09-2018 9:30 PM - 2 h
- Sat 29-12-2018 9:30 PM - 2 h
$160 (in advance, *Fringe members), $180 (on the day), $120 (**Student/senior)
Tickets available soon.
Presented by the Fringe Club as one of the programmes of “Jazz-Go-Central, Jazz-Go-Fringe” project, Big Band Nights feature different local jazz big bands to perform at Fringe Dairy.
The Happy-Go-Lucky Bigband, led by Japanese trumpeter and conductor Kenny Matsuura, was formed in 2010 as a rehearsal big band at a rented studio in Kowloon. It’s a full 18-piece Jazz orchestra of young and eager-to-learn musicians dedicated to big-band-style jazz, and many members are music teachers.
The band is dedicated to studying and performing Duke Ellington’s classic compositions. It has been performing at the Fringe Club for many years – in fact its 30th performance at the Fringe Club took place on 3 June last year. The band has also done many concerts around Hong Kong and has organised numerous jazz workshops with mentors such as Antonio Hart, Justin Robinson, Eric Miyashiro, James Zoller and members of the Duke Ellington Orchestra.
- Tickets will be available one month before each performance date.
- Admission: 30 minutes before show time.
- No outside drink or food is allowed inside the venue.
- Limited seats, first-come-first-served.
- *Fringe Club membership card MUST be presented at the door.
- **Limited quota. Student card/ Identity card MUST be presented at the door.
“Jazz-Go-Central, Jazz-Go-Fringe” is financially supported by the Arts Capacity Development Funding Scheme of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
The content of these programmes does not reflect the views of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
Hong Kong Fringe Club reserves the right to change the programmes and performers